Sarnia ASW offers a means for dedicated athletes to achieve greatness in athletics. We are committed to growing the sport within the city of Sarnia and Lambton County.
We are seeking athletes who are willing to choose track and field as their primary sporting endeavor. Athletes who are hard working and positively-minded, who have already demonstrated dedication and success in the sport of Athletics in elementary school, high school, and beyond.
To develop a competitive track and field club primarily, but not exclusively for youth in a way that:
- Fosters, stimulates and promotes interest in amateur track and field athletics;
- Exemplifies integrity, honesty, sportsmanlike conduct and fair play;
- Cause a rise to the challenge through commitment, perseverance, persistence, reliability, and dependability;
- Maximizes out athletic skills;
- Promotes wellness and safety;
- Fosters a sense of pride and confidence;
- Develops the ability to evaluate performance, set goals and strategies;
- Recognizes achievement and continuous improvement;
- Creates a fun, healthy environment and a sense of belonging to the club so that the Sarnia Athletics Southwest Track and Field Club enables its members to realize their full potential.
Summer Practice Schedule:
Sprints/Hurdles/Jumps: Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 9am
Throws: Tuesday and Thursday @ 9am
Distance: Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 9am, Sunday morning long run @ 9am